Monday, September 21, 2009

Letting kids be kids!

So as you can see in the picture above, Dakota is a lover of all creatures. There's rollie pollie's(which the girls play with daily and are no longer allowed in my car) and praying mantis' on our porch. After school today we noticed there were 2 praying mantis' on our chairs. Dakota's immediate question..."Oooh, can I touch it?" My response, "Ewww, no!" This coming after me telling her they're good bugs and they get rid of the bad bugs. My reaction changed her mind and she settled for a picture with Mr. Mantis!
This morning before school Dakota put on her gingham dress w/ matching headband. It was time to go and she needed to get her shoes on. She asked what shoes should she wear. I responded with, "either your gold or pink sandals...either one would match and look cute." Then out she walked in her shin-high brown boots...not very matchy matchy but I let her wear them.
So like my title says, let kids be kids. I'm trying to relinquish control of the things that don't really matter! I want to watch my kids enjoy life and God's creations and make some of their own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment