Monday, April 13, 2009

"The Truth About Motherhood"

Okay so did anyone catch the Oprah episode last Monday? My mom called me and told me to turn it on and that it would be good for me to watch. I guess maybe b/c I'm always second guessing myself and unsure if I'm doing the right thing when it comes to mothering my girls. What one woman said stuck with me. She said we need to start being honest with eachother. Meaning with other moms and being there for eachother. Motherhood isn't always easy and the more you're able to share honestly with other moms, the more you'll realize you're not the only one that might be going through this or that! I want my friends to know that I'm there for them.


So here's a me, mom moment. I put the girls down for a nap and began getting done what I could before they woke. Well I heard Dakota up in her room and her closet door open and close. My first instinct is to go in there and tell her to get back to bed but something told me to let her be and I'm so glad I did. After about 30 minutes of quiet I went in to check on her. And the above picture is what I found. Priceless!

2 comments:

  1. funny! that's what isabelle's bed used to look like every morning. we've had to put a limit on the stuffed animals to about 5 and only a couple blankies. I really don't care as long as she is quiet at night and she's not too tired for school. : ) super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara - I watched that episode as well and couldn't agree more! The picture is priceless, thank you for being the person you are!!!

    ReplyDelete